BATHURST TRIBUTE FOR 2018 FESTIVAL
Over the weekend of Jan 13/14, Hampton Downs will celebrate all things Bathurst. A host of stars from the past & present will be in attendance and we have confirmed a Plethora of Bathurst Pedigree cars. All have a special connection to the iconic Australian racetrack – Mt Panorama.
“Bathurst holds a special place in the hearts of everyone involved in motorsport in New Zealand and Australia. Everyone has their favourite Bathurst moment and some of the best drivers in this part of the world made a name for themselves around Mount Panorama including legends of the sport like Peter Brock, Dick Johnson and Jim Richards,” says owner of Hampton Downs, Tony Quinn.
“The festival will still celebrate classic cars but there will be a big emphasis on Ford and Holden and other cars synonymous with Bathurst.”
A field of Bathurst pedigree cars will be the feature attraction of the event alongside crowd favourites, Central Muscle Cars.
There will also be exhibition laps, featuring iconic cars and our star drivers.
Jim Richards, Steve Richards, Craig Lowndes, Greg Murphy, John Bowe and Paul Radisich will be there and look out for Shane van Gisbergen and others who have driven at Bathurst at the Hampton Downs Bathurst festival.
Here’s the line up….
- Historic Touring Car (NZ) Association will bring a large grid of iconic period correct Bathurst cars. Fans can expect to see a broad range of Super Tourer models in a 23-strong field, from the popular E30 and E36 BMW 3-series models to the later model Honda Accords, Nissan Primeras and Volvo S40s.
- Central Muscle Cars to celebrate the era to the end of the 70’s when V8 muscle was the only way to go
- Bathurst Revival will be a chance for those cars and drivers that have a connection with Bathurst to race on track in a selection of different formatted races.
- Formula Libra and Sportscars will bring an eclectic mix of open top racecars to the track that have provided so much entertainment over the years of Australasian motorsport
- Historic Formula Ford have always been a great proving ground for all drivers and will give a true experience of slipstream battles
- HD Auto track drive sessions will be available to our existing and new members, so they too can take their cars on track
- Car Club cruise session are a non-helmet, 100kph limited drive session which will allow members of the various local car club to have a chance to drive on Hampton Downs International circuit.
- Muscle Car Show n Shine, looking for 50 of the best cars to display.
- Race your car with other Bathurst pedigree & muscle cars in the Bathurst Revival Muscle field on full the International Circuit – format includes practice, qualifying and three races.
- Drive your car in our Bathurst Muscle exhibition category. We have allocated slots throughout the weekend for exhibition cars to head out on track and enjoy a few laps at a pace that suits.
- Sign up for our casual track sessions – this evolutionary concept gives enthusiasts, who do not have a race licence or roll cage, the opportunity to get out on track regularly each day in dedicated time slots, at different speeds.